Monday 8 November 2010

Christening cupcakes


When it comes to christenings, I don't know about you, but I find it difficult to know what present to get. The child being christened is normally far too young to care or even know what you've given it and it usually ends up with numerous gold crosses and bibles. So when it came to the christening of Ava I thought some personalised cupcakes would be a nice, unique gift. I used, what I have found to be the best cupcake recipe by top cake chef Eric Lanlard, and then using flower paste and a sugar craft alphabet mould I cut out her name. I know what you're thinking, what if the baby is named Bartholomew or Gwendoline? I'll never fit that on a cupcake! Well, you could either use their initials or place just one letter of their name on each cake, then display them so they spell it out. These can also be made for birthdays, hen dos, wedding etc. Trust me if you bring a try of these to any party, they will be greatly received.

No comments:

Post a Comment